"I’m your neighbor—one of 9,000 kids in North Dakota who don’t get checkups or immunizations or dental care. That’s because my parents don’t qualify for government assistance, but they can’t afford health insurance either. I bet if you knew…you’d help out."
Read stories about the kids we help.
We help kids who otherwise fall through the cracks
You can, too
Through donations Caring for Children helps North Dakota kids receive health, dental and mental health care. It also gives parents the peace of mind knowing their children's health care needs will be met.
Caring for Children provides primary and preventive health, dental and mental health care services to meet the typical needs of children. The plan includes the following services:
- Well-child visits
- Physician office visits and routine physicals
- Routine immunizations
- Emergency accident care*
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care*
- Diagnostic tests
- Preventive dental services (two check-ups and cleanings per year)
- Restorative dental services* (copay)
- Mental health and chemical dependency
See how many services were provided last year
Who Provides the Care?
A collaboration of a team of people who may never meet one another including:
- Financial donors—People with big hearts willing to share their finances.
- Health care providers in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota network—doctors, dentists, PAs and nurses who offer to reduce their fees for these kids and provide care on a regular basis. More than 3,000 medical professional across the state participate.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota—administers the program as an in-kind donation. Read about their involvement.